I have no idea who thought this was a good idea, but in a word, no. Not the scarriest electrical thing I’ve ever seen. That would go to an outlet in a house I rented years ago where someone had taken and wired the neutral AND ground as HOT and the hot as neutral. So it made the microwave oven box electrified.
For other discovered foolishness. What is wrong with this picture?
For a clue. Hamburgers are made from ——– beef.
If you guessed ground or in this case a lack of any grounding at all you would be correct. Just a bunch of wires vaguely in the same area providing no predictable or stable connection to anything.
So if you ever find yourself wiring a panel don’t do what somebody did here. And with that I must put the big bucket of sarcasm away.